McHale manufactures a range of agricultural balers and wrappers, which are sold in 48 countries around the world.
Currently we require a Technical writer to assist in compiling and publishing technical operator manuals in our Engineering department here in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo. The person will be required to compile and update our technical publications on a continuous basis and build on our existing template library, as well as co-ordinate and manage the translation +review process. The successful candidate must have extensive experience using publishing software like Adobe FrameMaker (or advanced MS-Word) in dealing with Index’s, Tables, Figures, Headings, Styles and Cross-references used within technical documents. They must also be proficient in image editing and manipulation and show great attention to detail. A working knowledge of 3D Design or Illustration packages is desirable but not essential.
We are currently seeking applications from candidates who possess the following skills and attributes:
- Three to five years, experience in the design and compilation of technical documentation and image editing.
- Fully proficient in a publishing software package, like Adobe FrameMaker or equivalent.
- Experience in 3D Design and Illustration packages sought but not essential.
- Ability to work on his/ her own initiative and be a team player when circumstances dictate.
- Proven track record in project management, with great attention to detail.
- Knowledge of agricultural machinery operation sought but not essential.
How to Apply:
Interested persons should mail their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Technical Manual Publisher/ Technical Writer