McHale is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural baling and wrapping machinery, located in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo. McHale products can be seen working in 55 countries.
McHale is looking to recruit a Software Engineer to lead in the full software development life cycle to design, develop and maintain C/C++ embedded software for control systems on agricultural machinery.
This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively and independently. The successful candidate must have familiarity with electronic circuitry to the degree necessary to test and debug software functions on target hardware.
- Design, develop and test embedded software in C.
- Modify and extend existing embedded system software to add new functionality.
- Liaise with customers and/or service personnel to troubleshoot and resolve software problems.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to resolve design/debugging issues.
- Demonstrable experience of software design in embedded systems and real-time applications, particularly in embedded C.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging equipment.
- Good knowledge of hardware design, microcontrollers and electronics.
- Knowledge of CAN bus systems and communication protocols.
- Experience with agricultural machinery is an advantage but not essential.
In addition to our current vacancies McHale are always interested in attracting talent in the areas of design, service, engineering & manufacturing. Please submit your CV for consideration at any time.
All CVs should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Software Engineer in the subject line of your email.