McHale is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural baling and wrapping machinery, located in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo. McHale products can be seen working in over 55 countries.
McHale is seeking to recruit for the following position:
Technical Documentation Engineer
We require a Technical Documentation Engineer to assist in compiling technical manuals, review and track engineering changes and other associated activities at our Engineering department, in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo.
The person will be required to compile and update our technical publications, on a continuous basis to strict style guidelines, as well as co-ordinate and manage the translation and review process in up to 20 languages. They will also be responsible for reviewing and tracking engineering changes on a day to day basis.
Ideally, the successful candidate must have extensive experience, using publishing software like Adobe FrameMaker or equivalent. They must also be proficient in image sourcing, editing and manipulation for input into our technical publications. A good working knowledge of engineering drawings and machinery is essential and experience in 3D Design (CAD) and/or Illustration packages is most desirable.
We are currently seeking applications from candidates who possess the following skills and attributes;
- Three to five years, experience in the design and compilation of technical documentation and image editing.
- Fully proficient in a publishing software package, like Adobe FrameMaker, or equivalent.
- A good working knowledge of engineering drawings and machinery is essential.
- Experience in 3D design (CAD) or illustration packages is most desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English with good journalistic capabilities.
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative and be a team player when circumstances dictate.
- Logical thinker with proven track record in project management.
- Excellent attention to detail in every aspect of the job.
* Interested candidates, send a CV to: email@example.com *
Please put Technical Documentation Engineer in the subject line of your email.