Every year McHale balers produce over 75 million bales of forage for farmers and contractors. To maximise the feed value of this forage it is important that grass crops are cut when the sugar content is highest, and that the mower leaves clean crop stubble and produces quality forage free from impurities.
McHale Pro Glide R3100 Rear Mower & B9000 Combination Mower
For Agritechnica 2015 in Hannover, Germany, McHale will launch the McHale Pro Glide Mower Range to the world market. McHale will be exhibiting three new products from this range; the McHale Pro Glide F3100 Front Mower, the R3100 Rear Mower and the B9000 Combination Mower at stand B22 in Hall 27. All Mowers are fitted with 3 metre cutter bars with tine conditioners and benefit from a number of novel features which result in better ground following ability and quicker reaction times to changes in ground conditions.
- To achieve the maximum performance and results from a front and a rear or combination mower the cutter bar and mower suspension works together to deliver uncontaminated forage.
- As a result McHale have developed unique patented ground adaption technology which deliver 3 dimensional ground contour tracking for its Pro Glide range of rear and combination mowers which allows an arc of movement from left to right and forward and back movement adjusting to changes in the contours of the ground.
McHale offer farmers and contractors a single rear mower, the Pro Glide R3100, with a cutting width of 3.1 metres and a combination mower, the Pro Glide B9000, which has a cutting width of 6 metres. Both these mowers possess a number of common features which are highlighted below.
The McHale Pro Glide R3100 and B9000 mowers comes standard with unique patented ground following technology, break-back protection, hydraulic ground pressure control and heavy duty bed design which make the Pro Glide a smart choice for farmers and contractors alike.
- The Pro Glide range of rear and combination mowers is fitted with patented ground adaption technology which allows the bed to move back and up if the bed encounters small obstacles. This saves time and maximises throughput as it means the obstacle does not trigger the main break back protection. This results in higher mowing speeds being able to be achieved without the interruption of having to reset the break back. If the mower hits an immovable object, it is fitted with mechanical break back which will be triggered.
- The Pro Glide rear suspension springs react instantly to ground contours which results in high quality cut even when working at high ground speeds. This allows the mower to easily mow on rough or undulating terrain and still deliver optimum results.
- On the Pro Glide rear and combination mowers the cutter bar ground pressure can be set from the tractor cab. The working pressure is visually displayed on the clock which is mounted on the headstock. Once the desired pressure is selected the cutter bar working pressure can be isolated from the tractor hydraulics with a mechanical tap.
- On the McHale Pro Glide range of rear and combination mowers the gearbox powering the cutter bar is located behind the first mower disc which allows the operator to mow into corners and over rough terrain with no problems occurring.
- For transportation, the McHale Pro Glide folds vertically to position itself behind the centre point of the tractor for safe transport. The transport height of the machine is reduced thanks to the positioning of the mower bed at 110 degree angle on the Pro Glide R3100 to measure at a height of 3.9 metres while the Pro Glide B9000 is positioned vertically in transport to measure at a height of 4.2 metres.
- This position allows for the centre of gravity to be close to the tractor which ensures even weight distribution and stability during transport at high speeds on the road or in uneven fields.
- This position allows for the mower to distribute its weight across the tractor for ease of transport on the road while also providing the driver with a clear view from his rear-view mirrors.
The 3 metre Pro Glide cutter bar is powered by a heavy duty right angle gearbox which is positioned behind the inner top hat.
- The Pro Glide cutter bar has been designed so the rounded low profile front edge lets the fully welded cutter bar glide smoothly over the ground.
- The slanted leading edge of the cutter bar allows for clean forage separation and reduces ground contamination even when working in lodged crops.
Large heavy duty spur gears take the PTO power and transfer it to the discs.
- Each individual disc is driven by a smaller spur gear.
- The spur gears which drive the individual discs are mounted forward on the cutter bars which deliver maximum cutting performance even when working in lodged crops.
The mowing discs are specifically designed to maximise crop flow.
- Each mowing disc has its own individual protective safety mechanism, if a collision occurs, the mechanism will shear in order to protect the drive.
- The blades are free to spin 360° which makes them self-cleaning and stops them fouling on the knives on neighbouring discs.
- The knives orbit with a generous overlap, which ensures a clean cut, while also feeding a smooth flow of cut material to the rear of the mower.
The McHale Pro Glide comes standard with a steel tine conditioner to help you cut and condition the grass as efficiently as possible.
- The position of the steel tines allow for powerful conditioning which ensure the McHale Pro Glide range can deliver fast uniform wilting leading to a neat fluffy swath.
- Should a tine come into contact with a foreign object they pivot out of the way.
- Power is transmitted from the cutter bar to the rear of the mower to drive the rotor for the tine conditioner on the McHale Pro Glide range
- The conditioner is driven by a mechanical gearbox. Conditioning speeds can be adjusted between 700 rpm and 1000rpm with the simple pull of a lever.
For more information on the McHale Pro Glide Range of Mowers click on the link below to read the Profi Driving Impression
Pro Glide mowers are fitted with an extremely strong fully welded cutter bar, equipped with 7 discs, which deliver a cutting width of over 3 metres.
The discs are driven by auxiliary gears and as the cutter bar is welded and filled with oil, the gear drive operates in a continually lubricated environment which ensures quiet operations and maximum life.
The Pro Glide cutter bar is powered by a heavy duty right angle gearbox that is positioned behind the inner mowing disc.
The positioning of the gearbox allows the operator to mow into corners and over rough terrain without experiencing problems.
The Pro Glide cutter bar has been designed so the rounded low profile front edge lets the fully welded cutter bar glide smoothly over the ground.
The slanted leading edge of the cutter bar allows for clean forage separation and reduces ground contamination.
In the cutter bar, large heavy duty drive gears transfer the power to auxiliary gears which power the individual discs.
The auxiliary gears which drive the individual discs are mounted in a forward position on the cutter bar which deliver maximum cutting performance even when working in lodged crops.
The mowing discs are specifically designed to maximise crop flow. The blades are free to spin 360° which makes them self-cleaning. The blades orbit with a generous overlap, which ensures a clean cut.
Each mowing disc has its own individual protective safety mechanism, if a collision occurs, the mechanism will shear in order to protect the drive.
The 110mm mower blades rotate and overlap very close to the surface of the cutter bar and the counter blade to deliver a clean cut.
With the aid of the specially designed lever, the blades on the McHale Pro Glide mower can be changed quickly and easily.
A weatherproof toolbox is mounted on the mower for storing spare blades and a number of tools.
The McHale Pro Glide comes standard with a steel tine conditioner to condition the grass as efficiently as possible.
In order to increase wilting time and decrease the exposure of the forage to the weather, the McHale Pro Glide prepares a uniform swath by conditioning across the working width of the mower.
The conditioner is driven by a mechanical gearbox. Conditioning speeds can be adjusted between 700 and 1000 rpm with the simple pull of a lever.
The position of the steel tines allow for powerful conditioning, which ensures the McHale Pro Glide range can deliver fast uniform wilting. Should a tine come into contact with a foreign object they pivot out of the way.
The operator can select from six adjustments for adjusting conditioning intensity.
The operator also has the option to set the deflection plates and leaves the swath in a wide or narrow formation.
The McHale Pro Glide mower range is fitted with a heavy duty 1,000 rpm drive line. Power is transmitted through heavy duty star tubing and the shaft is protected by the Walterscheid P Line range of drive shafts.Read More
These drive shaft covers allow for very easy and simple access to all greasing points without the need for any untidy anti-rotation chains on the shaft guards. The use of these guards results in improved operator safety by delivering guards with a longer service life.
McHale Pro Glide B9000 Combination Mower Videos
|Transport Width||2. 9m (115”)|
|Transport Length||2.2 m (87”)|
|Transport Height||4.2 m (166”)|
|Weight||2,480 Kg (5467 lbs)|
|Cutting Width||8.56 m (337”) including Front Mower|
|Swath Width||1.3 m – 2.3m (51”-91”)|
|Number of Cutting Discs||14 (7 x 2)|
|Total Number of Blades||28 (2 Blades per Disc)|
|Cutting Height||25 mm – 75 mm|
|Cutting Disc Speed||3,200 rpm|
|￼￼Cutting Blade||Quick Change|
|Conditioner Type||Steel Tine Conditioner|
|Conditioner Speed||700 / 1000 rpm|
|Minimum Power Requirement||
186 kW / 250 HP (including Front Mower)
|Linkage Attachment||A-Frame (front), CAT II or CAT III (Rear) 3-Point linkage|
|PTO Speed||1,000 rpm|
|Lighting||LED Lighting: 12 V / 7- pin socket|
|Hydraulic Systems||2 Double Acting Hydraulic Supply with Float (Minimum) & Single Acting Hydraulic Supply (Optional)|
|Minimum Pressure||160 bar (2,320psi)|
|Minimum Hydraulic Flow Rate||20 l/min (4.54 gal/min) @ 160 bar (2,320 psi)|
|Capacity||10 ha/h (25 acres/hour)|