Every year McHale balers produce over 75 million bales of forage for farmers and contractors. To maximise the feed value of this forage it is important that grass crops are cut when the sugar content is highest, and that the mower leaves clean crop stubble and produces quality forage free from impurities.
Introducing the new McHale Pro Glide F3100 Front Mower
The Pro Glide range of mowers offers a number of unique features which deliver;
- Superior floatation
- Self adjusting cutter bar angle
- Constant cutter bar ground pressure
- Enhanced cutter bar protection
- Optimum conditioning
- Clean uniform swath
- Higher output
- Optimum transport position
- Greater visibility
McHale are introducing the new McHale Pro Glide F3100 to its Pro Glide range of mowers.
- This sleek front mower is specially designed to provide a clean cut and optimum output.
Standard Features on the new McHale Pro Glide F3100 include:
- Tubular frame with integrated suspension design
- Springs provide excellent ground following ability
- Automatic bed angle adjustment
- Patented constant ground pressure
- 17 degree transverse movement (left / right movement)
- 500 mm adaptive range (up / down movement)
- Excellent headland height clearance of over 600 mm
- Foldable guards give optimum access to the cutter bar
- Narrow transport width provides excellent visibility
The integrated suspension allows the mowing unit to move completely independently from the front linkage.
- This guarantees the best possible pattern of movement of the mower unit by allowing the cutter bar to immediately respond in an up and down, or left and right motion to changes in ground conditions.
- At standard settings the cutter bar has a remarkable 500 mm adaptive range, which allows the mower to automatically adjust to ground contours.
McHale’s design team have designed the frame on the Pro Glide front mower to place the centre of gravity as close as possible to the tractor, which results in unrivalled responsiveness to changes in ground conditions.
- The support frame on the McHale Pro Glide mower responds to uneven terrain to glide over the ground through the use of an integrated suspension.
The transverse pivot range of 17 degrees allows the cutter bar to follow right to left or left to right changes in ground conditions, without overloading the cutter bar.
- When faced with an incline or decline in ground conditions the cutter bar automatically adjusts its mowing angle by inclining upwards over bumps and slants downwards into dips which ensures unrivalled cutting performance.
The McHale Pro Glide front mower range is fitted with patented active spring compensator technology which ensures that the mower cutter bar always applies the same ground pressure regardless of the working height.
- When the ground pressure is set on the springs as the mower travels downward the patented active spring compensator controls the spring tension and ensures that the weight of the cutter bar on the ground is kept uniform regardless of the working height
With the McHale Pro Glide range of mowers there will always be a machine to meet your requirements.
For more information on the McHale Pro Glide Range of Mowers click on the link below to read the Profi Driving Impression
Pro Glide mowers are fitted with an extremely strong fully welded cutter bar, equipped with 7 discs, which deliver a cutting width of over 3 metres.
The discs are driven by auxiliary gears and as the cutter bar is welded and filled with oil, the gear drive operates in a continually lubricated environment which ensures quiet operations and maximum life.
The Pro Glide cutter bar is powered by a heavy duty right angle gearbox that is positioned behind the inner mowing disc.
The positioning of the gearbox allows the operator to mow into corners and over rough terrain without experiencing problems.
The Pro Glide cutter bar has been designed so the rounded low profile front edge lets the fully welded cutter bar glide smoothly over the ground.
The slanted leading edge of the cutter bar allows for clean forage separation and reduces ground contamination.
In the cutter bar, large heavy duty drive gears transfer the power to auxiliary gears which power the individual discs.
The auxiliary gears which drive the individual discs are mounted in a forward position on the cutter bar which deliver maximum cutting performance even when working in lodged crops.
The mowing discs are specifically designed to maximise crop flow. The blades are free to spin 360° which makes them self-cleaning. The blades orbit with a generous overlap, which ensures a clean cut.
Each mowing disc has its own individual protective safety mechanism, if a collision occurs, the mechanism will shear in order to protect the drive.
The 110mm mower blades rotate and overlap very close to the surface of the cutter bar and the counter blade to deliver a clean cut.
With the aid of the specially designed lever, the blades on the McHale Pro Glide mower can be changed quickly and easily.
A weatherproof toolbox is mounted on the mower for storing spare blades and a number of tools.
The McHale Pro Glide comes standard with a steel tine conditioner to condition the grass as efficiently as possible.
In order to increase wilting time and decrease the exposure of the forage to the weather, the McHale Pro Glide prepares a uniform swath by conditioning across the working width of the mower.
The conditioner is driven by a mechanical gearbox. Conditioning speeds can be adjusted between 700 and 1000 rpm with the simple pull of a lever.
The position of the steel tines allow for powerful conditioning, which ensures the McHale Pro Glide range can deliver fast uniform wilting. Should a tine come into contact with a foreign object they pivot out of the way.
The operator can select from six adjustments for adjusting conditioning intensity.
The operator also has the option to set the deflection plates and leaves the swath in a wide or narrow formation.
The McHale Pro Glide mower range is fitted with a heavy duty 1,000 rpm drive line. Power is transmitted through heavy duty star tubing and the shaft is protected by the Walterscheid P Line range of drive shafts.Read More
These drive shaft covers allow for very easy and simple access to all greasing points without the need for any untidy anti-rotation chains on the shaft guards. The use of these guards results in improved operator safety by delivering guards with a longer service life.
McHale Pro Glide F3100 Front Mower Videos
|Transport Width||2.94 m (116”)|
|Transport Length||1.98 m (76”)|
|Transport Height||1.45 m (57”)|
|Weight||1,250 Kg (2,756 lbs)|
|Cutting Width||3.0 m (118”)|
|Swath Width||1.3 m – 2.3m (51”-91”)|
|Number of Cutting Discs||7|
|Total Number of Blades||14 (2 Blades per Disc)|
|Cutting Height||25 mm – 75 mm|
|Cutting Disc Speed||3,200 rpm|
|Conditioner Type||Steel Tine Conditioner|
|Conditioner Speed||700 / 1000 rpm|
|Minimum Power Requirement||59 kW / 80 HP|
|PTO Speed||1,000 rpm|
|Lighting||LED Lighting: 12 V / 7- pin socket|
|Hydraulic Systems||Single Acting Hydraulic Supply with Float|
|Minimum Pressure||160 bar (2,320psi)|
|Minimum Hydraulic Flow Rate||20 l/min (4.54 gal/min) @ 160 bar (2,320 psi)|
|Capacity||3.5 ha/h (8.5 acres/hour)|