McHale Pro Glide Mower Range
For Agritechnica 2015 in Hannover, Germany, McHale will launch the McHale Pro Glide Mower Range to the world market. McHale will be exhibiting three new products from this range; the McHale Pro Glide F3100 Front Mower, the R3100 Rear Mower and the B9000 Combination Mower at stand B22 in Hall 27. All Mowers are fitted with 3 metre cutter bars with tine conditioners and benefit from a number of novel features which result in better ground following ability and quicker reaction times to changes in ground conditions.
To achieve the maximum performance and results from a front and a rear or combination mower the cutter bar and mower suspension works together to deliver uncontaminated forage.
As a result McHale have developed unique patented ground adaption technology which deliver 3 dimensional ground contour tracking for its Pro Glide range of rear and combination mowers which allows an arc of movement from left to right and forward and back movement adjusting to changes in the contours of the ground.
John Biggins, International Sales Manager for McHale
“To maximise the feed value of forage it is important that grass crops are cut when the sugar content is highest, and that the mower leaves clean crop stubble and produces quality forage free from impurities. Our design team combined there specialist knowledge of crop harvesting, energy and know-how to develop the McHale Pro Glide range of mowers. I feel these products offer a number of unique features which will deliver better ground following ability and better cut quality.”
PRO GLIDE F3100 – Front Mower
McHale’s design team have designed the frame on the Pro Glide front mower to place the centre of gravity as close as possible to the tractor which results in unrivalled responsiveness to changes in ground conditions
- The support frame on the McHale Pro Glide mower responds to uneven terrain to glide over the ground through the use of an integrated suspension.
- The integrated suspension allows the mowing unit to move completely independently from the front linkage and guarantees the best possible pattern of movement of the mower unit by allowing the cutter bar to immediately respond in an up and down or left and right motion to changes in ground conditions.
- At standard settings the cutter bar has a remarkable 500mm adaptive range, which allows the mower to automatically adjust to ground contours.
- Left/ Right pivot range of 17 degrees allows the cutter bar to follow right to left or left to right changes in ground conditions without overloading the cutter bar.
- When faced with an incline or decline in ground conditions the cutter bar automatically adjusts its mowing angle by inclining upwards over bumps and slants downwards into a dip which ensures optimum results.
The McHale Pro Glide front mower range is fitted with patented active spring compensator technology which ensures that the mower cutter bar always applies the same ground pressure regardless of the working height. When the ground pressure is set on the springs, as the mower travels downward the patented spring compensator controls the spring tension and ensures that the weight of the cutter bar on the ground is kept uniform regardless of the working height.
The Pro Glide tubular support frame is designed to maximise the cutter bars clearance for headland turns and when in transport. When raised the mower has an impressive clearance of over 600mm between the bottom of the cutter bar and the ground (this will vary depending on tractor type and tyres) Stabiliser stops built into the tubular frame keep the mower centred during transport.
PRO GLIDE R3100 Rear Mower & B9000 Combination Mower
McHale offer farmers and contractors a single rear mower, the Pro Glide R3100, with a cutting width of 3.1 metres and a combination mower, the Pro Glide B9000, which has a cutting width of 6 metres. Both these mowers possess a number of common features which are highlighted below.
The McHale Pro Glide R3100 and B9000 mowers comes standard with unique patented ground following technology, break- back protection, hydraulic ground pressure control and heavy duty bed design which make the Pro Glide a smart choice for farmers and contractors alike.
- The Pro Glide range of rear and combination mowers is fitted with patented ground adaption technology which allows the bed to move back and up if the bed encounters small obstacles. This saves time and maximises throughput as it means the obstacle does not trigger the main break back protection. This results in higher mowing speeds being able to be achieved without the interruption of having to reset the break back. If the mower hits an immovable object, it is fitted with mechanical break back which will be triggered.
- The Pro Glide rear suspension springs react instantly to ground contours which results in high quality cut even when working at high ground speeds. This allows the mower to easily mow on rough or undulating terrain and still deliver optimum results.
- On the Pro Glide rear and combination mowers the cutter bar ground pressure can be set from the tractor cab. The working pressure is visually displayed on the clock which is mounted on the headstock. Once the desired pressure is selected the cutter bar working pressure can be isolated from the tractor hydraulics with a mechanical tap.
- On the McHale Pro Glide range of rear and combination mowers the gearbox powering the cutter bar is located behind the first mower disc which allows the operator to mow into corners and over rough terrain with no problems occurring.
- For transportation, the McHale Pro Glide folds vertically to position itself behind the centre point of the tractor for safe transport. The transport height of the machine is reduced thanks to the positioning of the mower bed at 110 degree angle on the Pro Glide R3100 to measure at a height of 3.9 metres while the Pro Glide B9000 is positioned vertically in transport to measure at a height of 4.2 metres.
- This position allows for the centre of gravity to be close to the tractor which ensures even weight distribution and stability during transport at high speeds on the road or in uneven fields.
- This position allows for the mower to distribute its weight across the tractor for ease of transport on the road while also providing the driver with a clear view from his rear-view mirrors.
The 3 metre Pro Glide cutter bar is powered by a heavy duty right angle gearbox which is positioned behind the inner top hat.
- The Pro Glide cutter bar has been designed so the rounded low profile front edge lets the fully welded cutter bar glide smoothly over the ground. The slanted leading edge of the cutter bar allows for clean forage separation and reduces ground contamination even when working in lodged crops.
- Large heavy duty spur gears take the PTO power and transfer it to the discs. Each individual disc is driven by a smaller spur gear. The spur gears which drive the individual discs are mounted forward on the cutter bars which deliver maximum cutting performance even when working in lodged crops.
- The mowing discs are specifically designed to maximise crop flow. Each mowing disc has its own individual protective safety mechanism, if a collision occurs, the mechanism will shear in order to protect the drive.
- The blades are free to spin 360° which makes them self-cleaning and stops them fouling on the knives on neighbouring discs. The knives orbit with a generous overlap, which ensures a clean cut, while also feeding a smooth flow of cut material to the rear of the mower.
The McHale Pro Glide comes standard with a steel tine conditioner to help you cut and condition the grass as efficiently as possible.
- The position of the steel tines allow for powerful conditioning which ensure the McHale Pro Glide range can deliver fast uniform wilting leading to a neat fluffy swath. Should a tine come into contact with a foreign object they pivot out of the way.
- Power is transmitted from the cutter bar to the rear of the mower to drive the rotor for the tine conditioner on the McHale Pro Glide range
- The conditioner is driven by a mechanical gearbox. Conditioning speeds can be adjusted between 700 rpm and 1000rpm with the simple pull of a lever.
A full range of McHale products will be available to view at stand B22, Hall 27.