Head of Technology
McHale is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural baling and wrapping machinery. McHale employs over 600 people across two production sites, over 90% of products produced are exported and McHale products can be seen working in over 55 countries. McHale is seeking to recruit a Head of Technology who has the experience to work towards a CTO position. This role will suit somebody who has experience in manufacturing or similar industries and is willing to get hands on. The initial goal will be to review the “as is” of the Technology function and organisation so that a Technology strategy can be designed in parallel to the wider organisational strategy for business growth. An excellent opportunity to be part of next stage of McHale’s already impressive journey.
The role is responsible for proactively leading the Technology function at McHale reporting directly to the Managing Director. This role will suit somebody who can challenge the thinking, somebody who seeks out ways of adding value and is passionate about continuous improvement and process excellence.
The role will suit someone who is interested in working with and developing the team in place. The right candidate will be able to work on BAU projects and run the day to day Technology function and in parallel work on the future state of technology and review, design and implement a robust technology roadmap. One eye on today and another on the future for Technology at McHale.
This is a people leadership role, however from the offset will require somebody who relishes getting “hands on” and leading from the front. The appointee is responsible for the operation, strategic direction and budget for IT across the entire business including the professional development of the growing resources in the Technology function.
- Capturing short, medium and long-term Technology needs
- Providing plans/road map for Technology, including investment plans, programme of work and proposals
- Providing technical guidance in infrastructure, development, business analysis, requirements definition, training, project management and project delivery
- Review of all current technology systems, infrastructure and security
- Building a technology department, making talent decisions and providing coaching and career development for all Technology personnel
- Responsible for the delivery of IT projects, methodology, processes, systems selection and standards to ensure achievement of targets and continuous improvement
- Accountable for security of all IT systems, infrastructure and data governance including but not limited to GDPR
- Regular reporting to the business, effective communications to sponsors, stakeholders and the wider organisation of the goals and progress of technology
- Responsible for operating and capital budgets including 3rd party suppliers
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance of all relevant IT policies and governance across the company
- Ensure all systems and infrastructure are within vendor support levels
- Candidates must be a senior experienced Technology professional with a minimum of 10 years relevant Management /leadership experience
- Successfully delivered enterprise wide systems and infrastructure in particular ERP
- Strong information security, including the implementation of IT and user policies
- Proven track record in project management and business analysis
- Selection and implementation of systems that drive efficiency
- Understanding business processes and how technology can support transformation
- Leading change management and process changes
- Working with International operations, specifically within supply chain, manufacturing, logistics and distribution
- Competitive salary
- A positive & collaborative working environment
- Join a rapidly growing international company in a key leadership role
- Play a contributing role in the growth of the company
- Access to company pension scheme
- Access to company health insurance
Interested Candidates should send their CV and cover letter to James Bowles of Mason Alexander: email@example.com
Please put McHale in the subject line of your email.
Should you have any questions in relation to the role please contact James Bowles directly on 087 194 1090