McHale is a family run business, which was established by brothers Padraic and Martin McHale. Over the last 30 years it has grown into an international company. It has developed a range of specialist farm machinery focusing on balers and bale wrappers for the production of round and square baled silage, and round bales of hay and straw. Over 90% of McHale machines produced are destined for the export market. McHale balers and bale wrappers can be seen working in over 55 countries around the world. McHale have two large manufacturing locations, one based in Ballinrobe Co. Mayo and one in Hungary as well as retail and service arm for its customers. McHale is a rapidly growing business and is actively developing ICT systems in support of its business strategy.
McHale currently have an internal IT team based in Ballinrobe with support analysts in Hungary. The company are now recruiting a Junior Application Developer to join the IT team and to work closely with the Head of Application Development. The company has ambitious growth plans with ICT as a core of business change and represents a tremendous personal growth opportunity for the right professional.
The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic IT team in a fast-paced environment and will work with the latest technologies to build cutting edge applications to enhance and support the company’s production, ordering, manufacturing execution, invoicing and warranty systems.
- Develop and maintain new and existing internal and customer-facing applications for the management of production demands and to provide interactive services to customers
- Ensure maximum uptime of critical company managed applications
- Adhere to ITIL best practices for incident, change, release, and project and knowledge management of core applications.
- Regular reporting to the business and the IT function of plans and progress of projects.
- Work with senior developers on the team.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and help manage project priorities and timelines.
- Write, modify, and debug software for client applications.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Certification in relevant Microsoft technologies preferred.
- 2-3 years IT Applications Development experience
- Experience in C#, Web API, ASP.NET (Web Pages & MVC), Razor Pages
- NET Core 2.x +, Entity Framework Core 2.x
- Experience in JQuery, HTML, CSS, AJAX, bootstrap or others
- SQL Server or similar knowledge
- Working knowledge of Git
- CI/CD / Devops exposure or experience desirable
- Fluent English is essential
- Be highly motivated with a passion for driving improvements
- Be enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Should have an enduring personal interest in technology and computing
- Competitive salary
- A positive & collaborative working environment
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing international company in a key role
- Play a contributing role in the growth of the company
- Access to company pension scheme
- Access to company health insurance
Interested Candidates should send their CV and cover letter to HR: email@example.com
Please put ICT Junior Application Developer in the subject line of your email.
Should you have any questions in relation to the role please contact Human Resources on +353 94 95 20352