IT Infrastructure Manager
McHale is a family run business, which was established by brothers Padraic and Martin McHale. Over the last 30 years it has grown into an international company. It has developed a range of specialist farm machinery focusing on balers and bale wrappers for the production of round and square baled silage, and round bales of hay and straw. Over 90% of McHale machines produced are destined for the export market. McHale balers and bale wrappers can be seen working in over 50 countries around the world. McHale have two large manufacturing locations, one based in Ballinrobe Co. Mayo and one in Hungary as well as retail and service arm for its customers. McHale is a rapidly growing business and is actively developing ICT systems in support of its business strategy.
McHale currently have an internal IT team based in Ballinrobe with support analysts in Hungary. The company are now recruiting an IT Infrastructure manager to lead the current IT team and to work closely with the Head of Technology. The company has ambitious growth plans with ICT as a core of business change and represents a tremendous personal growth opportunity for the right professional.
As IT Infrastructure Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that all McHale ICT, including infrastructure, cloud and application platforms are adequately supported. You will work closely with the Head of Technology and will be responsible for managing McHale’s IT support staff as well as assist in making strategic IT decisions. Please note, these tasks are provided as a guide and you may be required to perform additional duties in addition to these tasks.
- Provide management and guidance for IT support of desk-based computer hardware and software, diagnosing and solving issues and escalating to external support where required.
- Provide 2nd line of application support across all business systems, diagnosing and solving basic application issues and routing/escalating to applications support as needed.
- Work with and develop IT support staff in regards networking, virtualisation, Active directory, Office 365, Security, data communication links and other infrastructure services as required.
- Work with application development team internally and external application providers to ensure consistent service delivery.
- Log and track all incidents and requests on the Service desk system using ITIL based processes, providing regular updates to the customer and ensuring that support staff is adequately doing the same.
- Maintain a knowledge base of reoccurring issues & their associated fixes whilst investigating root causes.
- Manage all IT change requests and ensure proper release management processes are followed to reduce business risks.
- User admin including Active Directory admin, password resets, network drive mapping and any other tasks as required
- Work with staff to ensure business needs are met and a consistent IT service is delivered to the customer.
- Carry out daily operational tasks, user administration, housekeeping tasks and system monitoring to ensure the effective operation of IT systems and facilities.
- Carry out IT installations, implementations, configuration & roll outs & other technical duties as required.
- Carefully project manage major IT changes in line with project management principles.
- Produce and maintain technical and procedural documentation as required.
- Manage security of all IT systems, infrastructure and data governance including but not limited to GDPR.
- Advise the Head of Technology of any planned IT Changes and assist in providing ideas for improvements that can be made both through IT Processes and new technology.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to support IT software and systems.
- Develop and train IT staff.
- Provide training on McHale software and systems to internal and external users
- Regular reporting to the business and the IT function of plans and progress of projects.
- Manages relationships with 3rd parties and outsourcing partners by monitoring their performance and ensuring their performance meets expectations.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance of all relevant IT policies and governance across the company, including proper licence management.
- Ensure all systems and infrastructure are within vendor support levels.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Certification with Microsoft Technologies preferred.
- 10 years IT experience with 5 in IT management in a hands-on capacity.
- Experienced in ERP solutions (Preferred Syspro).
- Strong background in Infrastructure, Service Delivery, IT Operations, Desktop technical support and Vendor Management, LAN and WAN.
- Experienced in data security and implementing IT and user policies.
- Proven Track record delivering excellent customer service technical support – strong problem-solving background.
- Understanding business processes especially in manufacturing and supply chain.
Technical Skills – Required
- 3rd Line Business Application support
- Demonstrable VMware/Hyper-V skills
- Office 365 and Azure Expertise
- Experience in ERP Solutions
- PowerShell Scripting
- SQL Support
- Basic Development Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Networking and Network Security Experience
- SAN Storage and Backup expertise
- Microsoft Windows
- Active Directory
- PC and Printer Hardware
- Microsoft Office Productivity Tools
- Server Administration
Non-Technical Skills – Required
- Management and supervisory skills
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to translate technical issues and concepts into business language.
- Regular and timely communication of request/incident status
- Competitive salary
- A positive & collaborative working environment
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing international company in a key management role
- Play a contributing role in the growth of the company
- Access to company pension scheme
- Access to company health insurance
Interested Candidates should send their CV and cover letter to HR: email@example.com
Please put McHale IT Infrastructure Manager in the subject line of your email.
Should you have any questions in relation to the role please contact Human Resources on+353 94 95 20352