McHale is currently seeking to recruit a Technical Documentation Specialist Engineer on a full time permanent contract based in our R &D Department in Ballinrobe Co. Mayo to assist in compiling and reviewing technical manuals and other associated activities.
The person will be required to compile and continually update technical publications, to our style guidelines, as well as co-ordinate and manage the translation and review process, in various languages. They should be capable of explaining complex information, using images and illustrations, in a clear and concise manner. A logical thinker, with excellent IT skills and an understanding of machinery, electronics, etc.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have relevant experience, using authoring software like Adobe FrameMaker or equivalent. They should also be proficient in image capturing, editing and manipulation and show great attention to detail. A good working knowledge of engineering drawings, electronic controls and experience in 3D Design (CAD) and/or Illustration packages is also desirable.
We are currently seeking applications from candidates who possess the following skills and attributes;
- Three to five years experience in the design and compilation of technical documentation.
- Fully proficient in an authoring software package, like Adobe FrameMaker, or equivalent.
- A good working knowledge of engineering drawings and electronic controls.
- Excellent knowledge of English, with ability to explain complex tasks in simple steps.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a team player, as circumstances dictate.
- Proficient in image capturing, editing and manipulation in various formats.
- Experience in 3D design (CAD) and illustration packages is desirable.
- Excellent IT skills and logic and willingness to learn new software packages.
- Flair for design, with excellent attention to detail in every aspect of the job.
Interested candidates, please submit CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting Technical Documentation Specialist Engineer in the subject line of the email.
Alternatively, phone 094 9520352 for more information.