McHale is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural grassline machinery, located in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo. McHale products can be seen working in over 55 countries.
McHale are looking to recruit a UI Designer to take ownership of our machine user interface design on our product software, mainly balers and wrappers. The successful candidate will design and implement user interfaces to maintain our reputation for easy-to-use and intuitive products for our customers.
UI Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements, building navigation components, and putting it all together to create intuitive user interfaces for our products. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with UI design and creation.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our customers’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
UI/UX Designer key responsibilities include
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers, service engineers and end users.
- Illustrating design ideas using story boards/user flows.
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, buttons and putting it all together to create a complete user interface.
- Developing UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how machine software could function.
- Maintaining common UI designs across multiple software platforms and machine models.
- Adhering to graphical guidelines (fonts, colours, resolution) as outlined in the ISOBUS 11783 standard.
- Implementing graphical changes to application software using ISOBUS UI Designer software, TouchGFX and other graphic software frameworks.
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g., display issues on ISOBUS tractor terminals).
- Conducting design adjustments based on user feedback.
- Create software documentation
- Supplying graphical images to the Technical Writing Department for use in McHale literature.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven work experience as a UI Designer or similar role.
- Experience with graphics editing software such as CorelDraw or PaintShop Pro.
- Excellent attention to detail is crucial.
- Agricultural Machinery knowledge is an advantage.
- Experience of software design, particularly in embedded C/C++ is an advantage but not essential.
- Knowledge of CAN bus systems and communication protocols is an advantage but not essential.
- Good communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Learning, development, and career progression opportunities.
- Company subsidized Healthcare Insurance for employee and family.
- Company pension scheme available.
- Subsidized canteen & onsite parking.
Interested candidates, please submit CV and cover letter to [email protected] quoting “UI Designer ” in the subject line of the email.
Alternatively, phone 094 95 20352 for more information.