McHale is a family run business, which was established by brothers Padraic and Martin McHale. Over the last 30 years it has grown into an international company. It has developed a range of specialist farm machinery focusing on balers and bale wrappers for the production of round and square baled silage, and round bales of hay and straw. Over 90% of McHale machines produced are destined for the export market. McHale balers and bale wrappers can be seen working in over 55 countries around the world. McHale have two large manufacturing locations, one based in Ballinrobe Co. Mayo and one in Hungary as well as retail and service arm for its customers. McHale is a rapidly growing business and is actively developing ICT systems in support of its business strategy.
McHale currently have an internal IT team based in Ballinrobe with support analysts in Hungary. The company are now recruiting an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join the current IT team in Ireland and Hungary and to work closely with the IT Infrastructure Manager. The company has ambitious growth plans with ICT as a core of business change and represents a tremendous personal growth opportunity for the right professional.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of Ireland’s leading indigenous agricultural manufacturers. You will get the opportunity to work with Microsoft Azure, Server, Storage, Networking, Hyper-V, VMWare, SAN, Firewalls, Windows Server, Wireless Technologies, Scanning technologies & Industrial IoT.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will deliver technical solutions and support to McHale ensuring that we maximize investment in Information technology and drive technology changes for the future. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success implementing and supporting technology-based solutions.
As ICT Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that all McHale ICT, including infrastructure, cloud and application platforms are adequately supported. You will report to the IT Infrastructure Manager and will be responsible for day to day management of core infrastructure as well as managing service desk tickets.
- Supporting the delivery of high-quality Infrastructure solutions and technologies.
- Deliver technical solutions and support allowing McHale to maximize investment in Information technology.
- Providing IT Support on the Service Desk in McHale following ITIL standards
- Install, Configure and maintain new/existing automation infrastructure systems and applications, including configuration of virtual environments
- Drive and improve the security of the IT infrastructure
- Provide operational and administrative support to onsite and remote staff
- Act as technical advisor to the It Infrastructure Manager.
- Implementing cloud based and on-premise solutions
- Carry out daily operational tasks, user administration, housekeeping tasks and system monitoring to ensure the effective operation of IT systems and facilities.
- Work with IT Infrastructure Manager on any planned IT Changes and assist in providing ideas for improvements that can be made both through IT Processes and new technology.
- Liaise with key staff and 3rd parties on projects being proposed or delivered.
Educational Requirements and Experience
- 3rd Level qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 5+ years IT experience in IT.
- Fluent English and excellent written, verbal communications skills with attention to detail
- Previous experience working as part of a team
- A strong desire to research and study new emerging technologies for consideration in future
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
Key Technical Skills
- IT Service Desk experience using ITIL standards
- Strong background in Infrastructure, Desktop & Server technical support
- Strong Office 365 and Azure Expertise
- Technical expertise and hands-on with Windows Server administration, Active Directory, GPOs, DNS & WAN/LAN Technologies
- Server/Workstation installations, build and configuration (including automation tools)
- Virtualization experience with VMware, Hyper-V hypervisors
- Networking and Network Security Experience (LAN, Wi-Fi and WAN)
- Management and configuration of backups
- Knowledge of Cyber Security (e.g. AV, Anti-Malware, OS patching, IPS, SIEM, antispam etc…)
- Firewall configuration including IPsec VPN, SSL VPN, Rules, Routing etc
- Experience in ERP Solutions (e.g. Syspro)
- PowerShell Scripting
- SQL Database Queries
- SAN and NAS Storage expertise
- PC, Laptop, PI and Printer Hardware Support
Other Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with automation and Orchestration of infrastructure operational processes (Ansible, VMware, etc.).
- Experienced in Web Based multi-tier (Web/App/DB) infrastructure
- Experience with Public Cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP).
- Knowledge of Phone systems
- Knowledge of email security DMARC, ARC, BIMI, SPF, DKIM, MTA-TLS etc
- Knowledge of online DNS filtering technology (e.g. cloudflare)
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge of technologies such as Grafana, NGINX, Tenable
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Learning, development, and career progression opportunities.
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing international company in a key role.
- A positive & collaborative working environment.
- Company subsidized Healthcare Insurance for employee and family.
- Company pension scheme available.
- Subsidized canteen & onsite parking.
Interested candidates, please submit CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “IT Infrastructure Engineer” in the subject line of the email.
Alternatively, phone 094 9520352 for more information.