McHales’ specialist range of round balers and round & square bale wrappers can be seen working in more than 50 countries across six continents. McHales’ manufacturing facilities are located in Ballinrobe, County Mayo, in Ireland and in Szolnok in Hungary. At both facilities McHale employ the latest in robotic and laser manufacturing systems.
Since our establishment in the mid 1980s McHale has experienced significant growth, which can be attributed to the dedication of the team at McHale and their ability to create cutting edge baling and wrapping solutions in line with worldwide customer needs.
At McHale, we strongly believe in creating an environment which fosters creativity and teamwork where people can fully realise their true potential, allowing individuals to develop cutting edge solutions. We look for ambitious, highly motivated, results focused people who share a passion for achievement. Candidates should have excellent communication and relationship building skills. They should have an appetite for continuous learning and development within a team environment and be good team players. An ability to communicate at all levels is essential.
If you are interested in becoming part of the team, please contact us and copy your CV and relevant information into the submission form.
Click on the link below to find out more information on what a career with McHale holds for you.
Head of TechnologyLocation: McHale, Head Office, Ballinrobe Co. Mayo, with some international travel
Title: Head of Technology
Head of Technology
McHale is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural baling and wrapping machinery. McHale employs over 600 people across two production sites, over 90% of products produced are exported and McHale products can be seen working in over 55 countries. McHale is seeking to recruit a Head of Technology who has the experience to work towards a CTO position. This role will suit somebody who has experience in manufacturing or similar industries and is willing to get hands on. The initial goal will be to review the “as is” of the Technology function and organisation so that a Technology strategy can be designed in parallel to the wider organisational strategy for business growth. An excellent opportunity to be part of next stage of McHale’s already impressive journey.
The role is responsible for proactively leading the Technology function at McHale reporting directly to the Managing Director. This role will suit somebody who can challenge the thinking, somebody who seeks out ways of adding value and is passionate about continuous improvement and process excellence.
The role will suit someone who is interested in working with and developing the team in place. The right candidate will be able to work on BAU projects and run the day to day Technology function and in parallel work on the future state of technology and review, design and implement a robust technology roadmap. One eye on today and another on the future for Technology at McHale.
This is a people leadership role, however from the offset will require somebody who relishes getting “hands on” and leading from the front. The appointee is responsible for the operation, strategic direction and budget for IT across the entire business including the professional development of the growing resources in the Technology function.
- Capturing short, medium and long-term Technology needs
- Providing plans/road map for Technology, including investment plans, programme of work and proposals
- Providing technical guidance in infrastructure, development, business analysis, requirements definition, training, project management and project delivery
- Review of all current technology systems, infrastructure and security
- Building a technology department, making talent decisions and providing coaching and career development for all Technology personnel
- Responsible for the delivery of IT projects, methodology, processes, systems selection and standards to ensure achievement of targets and continuous improvement
- Accountable for security of all IT systems, infrastructure and data governance including but not limited to GDPR
- Regular reporting to the business, effective communications to sponsors, stakeholders and the wider organisation of the goals and progress of technology
- Responsible for operating and capital budgets including 3rd party suppliers
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance of all relevant IT policies and governance across the company
- Ensure all systems and infrastructure are within vendor support levels
- Candidates must be a senior experienced Technology professional with a minimum of 10 years relevant Management /leadership experience
- Successfully delivered enterprise wide systems and infrastructure in particular ERP
- Strong information security, including the implementation of IT and user policies
- Proven track record in project management and business analysis
- Selection and implementation of systems that drive efficiency
- Understanding business processes and how technology can support transformation
- Leading change management and process changes
- Working with International operations, specifically within supply chain, manufacturing, logistics and distribution
- Competitive salary
- A positive & collaborative working environment
- Join a rapidly growing international company in a key leadership role
- Play a contributing role in the growth of the company
- Access to company pension scheme
- Access to company health insurance
Interested Candidates should send their CV and cover letter to James Bowles of Mason Alexander: email@example.com
Please put McHale in the subject line of your email.
Should you have any questions in relation to the role please contact James Bowles directly on 087 194 1090
North American Market SupportLocation: Ballinrobe & North America
Title: North American Market Support
McHale are seeking to recruit for a Market Support position for North America.
We are currently seeking applications from candidates who possess the relevant skills and attributes to fufil the following duties and requirements:
Duties will include:
• Dealer Support
• Product Demonstrations
• Trade Shows
• Network Development
- U.S. Citizen/Green Card Holder
- Agricultural Background
- Engineering Qualification or Experience Desired
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting North American Market Support in the subject line of the email.
Software DeveloperLocation: Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, Ireland.
Title: Software Developer
McHale, a leading international manufacturer of specialist agricultural farm machinery, is seeking a Software Developer. McHale is an export driven manufacturer and McHale machines can be seen working in over 50 countries.
The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment and will work with the latest technologies to build cutting edge applications to enhance and support the company’s production, ordering, invoicing and warranty systems across McHale’s locations; in Ballinrobe and Hungary.
- Manage and implement change requests for existing core web-based applications.
- Develop and maintain new and existing internal and customer facing web applications for the control and management of production demands and to provide interactive services to customers.
- Ensure maximum uptime of critical company managed applications
- Experience in C#, Web API, ASP.NET (Web Pages & MVC)
- NET Core 2.x
- Entity Framework Core 2.x
- Experience in JQuery, HTML, CSS, AJAX, bootstrap
- SQL Server
- Excellent understanding of OOP and best software design practices and principles
- Working knowledge of Git
- Xamarin experience desirable
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) / Devops exposure or experience desirable.
- Be highly motivated
- Be enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Should have an enduring personal interest in technology and computing
*Interested candidates, please submit CV and covering letter to email@example.com* quoting Software Developer in the subject line of the email.
Should you have any questions in relation to the role please contact McHale on +353 94 95 20352
Human Resources ManagerLocation: Ballinrobe, County Mayo, Ireland.
Title: Human Resources Manager
McHale is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural baling and wrapping machinery, located in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo. McHale products can be seen working in over 55 countries, across 6 continents.
McHale is looking to recruit a Human Resources Manager who will have full responsibility for the HR function of McHale Engineering in Ballinrobe & McHale Farm Machinery in Kilmaine.
This includes recruitment, employee relations, compensation & benefits, training & development, performance management, administration, succession planning, retention and ensuring employment law compliance.
Department: Organisational Development/HR
Reporting to: Managing Director
- Responsible for the HR function for approx. 300 employees over two sites
- Participative member of the management team
- Manage the training & development function including training needs analysis, course design & delivery
- Manage the recruitment, retention & succession process
- Coordinate performance management
- Drive employee engagement
- Liaise with colleges & coordinate graduate recruitment
- Champion the people agenda
- Ensure compliance & best practice on all legislative matters
- Responsible for coordinating employee communication
- Coordinate all HR administration
- Collate HR metrics
- Professional & strong leader
- Outgoing & assertive communication skills
- Strong organizational skills & ability to multi task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Innovative, creative & resourceful
- Commercially aware
- Ability to relate with both senior management & line employees
- Strong coaching & mentoring skills
- Upbeat, positive personality
- A relationship builder
- Ability to handle complex situations & facilitate difficult conversations
Previous career experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Human Resources Manager
- Engineering or Manufacturing industry preferable
- 3rd level Qualification in Human Resources Management essential
- CIPD qualification preferred
- Recent Diploma in Employment Law
- Train the Trainer & Industrial relations qualifications would be advantageous
- Legally permitted to work in Ireland
- Prepared to commit to role on a long-term basis
Other important information:
- Monday to Friday work schedule
- Own transport essential
- Competitive salary, which is dependent on experience of Candidate
- Access to VHI Company Plan for Candidate, Spouse & children
- Access to Company pension scheme with company contribution
- Life cover & serious accident cover
* Interested candidates, should forward their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org *
Please put Human Resource Manager in the subject line of your email.
Should you have any questions in relation to the role please contact Paul McHale on +353 87 9975 711.
Electronic Design EngineerLocation: Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, Ireland
Title: Electronic Design Engineer
McHale is seeking to recruit an Electronic Design Engineer to contribute to the on-going development of electrical control systems used on the expanding range of McHale agricultural machinery.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Participation in the design/build/test of complex electronic control systems on McHale products.
- Creating detailed design briefs and documentation for software engineers to assist with the application software development.
- Liaising closely with engineering teams during new product development to create electronic design specifications.
- Lab testing and debugging of electronic hardware and machine application software.
- In-field testing of electronic hardware & software on agricultural machines during the Summer months.
- Writing detailed electronic hardware & software field test reports.
- Building prototype electronic systems for test machines.
- Gather and analyse customer feedback on machine performance and implement appropriate electronic design improvements.
- Assist with production implementation of electronic design changes and provide ongoing production support.
- A qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of 12 Volt electronic systems.
- An innovative mind-set with a self-motivated drive for perfection.
- Experience with agricultural machinery is a major advantage but not essential.
Interested candidates, please submit CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting Electronic Design Engineer in the subject line of the email.
Service / Product Support EngineerLocation:
Title: Service / Product Support Engineer
SERVICE / PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEER
A position is available for a Service / Product Support Engineer. This position will initially be based at our Ballinrobe plant for training and during off-peak periods. Experience within this sector is essential, in the operation and maintenance of farm equipment. Knowledge in the baling / wrapping area is beneficial, but not compulsory as training for the position will be supplied.
The candidate will be:
- Involved in working with our sales team and dealer network.
- Needs to be highly self-motivated with good enthusiasm for agricultural machinery.
- Involved in machine improvements & development based on user feedback.
- Involved in participating in our trade shows.
An excellent remuneration package is available for the right candidate.
Please forward application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Product Service Technician” in the subject line of the email.