McHales’ specialist range of round balers and round & square bale wrappers can be seen working in more than 50 countries across six continents. McHales’ manufacturing facilities are located in Ballinrobe, County Mayo, in Ireland and in Szolnok in Hungary. At both facilities McHale employ the latest in robotic and laser manufacturing systems.
Since our establishment in the mid 1980s McHale has experienced significant growth, which can be attributed to the dedication of the team at McHale and their ability to create cutting edge baling and wrapping solutions in line with worldwide customer needs.
At McHale, we strongly believe in creating an environment which fosters creativity and teamwork where people can fully realise their true potential, allowing individuals to develop cutting edge solutions. We look for ambitious, highly motivated, results focused people who share a passion for achievement. Candidates should have excellent communication and relationship building skills. They should have an appetite for continuous learning and development within a team environment and be good team players. An ability to communicate at all levels is essential.
If you are interested in becoming part of the team, please contact us and copy your CV and relevant information into the submission form.
Click on the link below to find out more information on what a career with McHale holds for you.
Human Resources ManagerLocation: Ballinrobe, County Mayo, Ireland.
Title: Human Resources Manager
McHale is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural baling and wrapping machinery, located in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo. McHale products can be seen working in over 55 countries, across 6 continents.
McHale is looking to recruit a Human Resources Manager who will have full responsibility for the HR function of McHale Engineering in Ballinrobe & McHale Farm Machinery in Kilmaine.
This includes recruitment, employee relations, compensation & benefits, training & development, performance management, administration, succession planning, retention and ensuring employment law compliance.
Department: Organisational Development/HR
Reporting to: Managing Director
- Responsible for the HR function for approx. 300 employees over two sites
- Participative member of the management team
- Manage the training & development function including training needs analysis, course design & delivery
- Manage the recruitment, retention & succession process
- Coordinate performance management
- Drive employee engagement
- Liaise with colleges & coordinate graduate recruitment
- Champion the people agenda
- Ensure compliance & best practice on all legislative matters
- Responsible for coordinating employee communication
- Coordinate all HR administration
- Collate HR metrics
- Professional & strong leader
- Outgoing & assertive communication skills
- Strong organizational skills & ability to multi task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Innovative, creative & resourceful
- Commercially aware
- Ability to relate with both senior management & line employees
- Strong coaching & mentoring skills
- Upbeat, positive personality
- A relationship builder
- Ability to handle complex situations & facilitate difficult conversations
Previous career experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Human Resources Manager
- Engineering or Manufacturing industry preferable
- 3rd level Qualification in Human Resources Management essential
- CIPD qualification preferred
- Recent Diploma in Employment Law
- Train the Trainer & Industrial relations qualifications would be advantageous
- Legally permitted to work in Ireland
- Prepared to commit to role on a long-term basis
Other important information:
- Monday to Friday work schedule
- Own transport essential
- Competitive salary, which is dependent on experience of Candidate
- Access to VHI Company Plan for Candidate, Spouse & children
- Access to Company pension scheme with company contribution
- Life cover & serious accident cover
*** Interested candidates, should forward their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Please put Human Resource Manager in the subject line of your email.
Should you have any questions in relation to the role please contact Paul McHale on +353 87 9975 711.
Embedded Software EngineerLocation: Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, Ireland
Title: Embedded Software Engineer
McHale is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural baling and wrapping machinery, located in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo which are sold in over 55countries
Role: Embedded Software Engineer
McHale is looking to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer with 2- 3 years’ experience. To lead in the full software development life cycle i.e. design, develop and maintain C embedded software for control systems on agricultural machinery. This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively and independently. The successful candidate must have familiarity with electronic circuitry to the degree necessary to test and debug software functions on target hardware.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems using C, C++ and C#
- Analyse, monitor and enhance the efficiency and stability of embedded systems.
- Proactively review and recommend improvements to existing system designs.
- Management of software repositories using the ‘Git’ version control system.
- Issue tracking and project management using ‘JIRA’ software.
- Participate in design and code review process with software engineers.
- Collaborate with engineers and service personnel to debug and resolve software issues.
- Liaise with customers to understand and interpret their needs and address issues.
- Perform modifications on existing embedded software to add improved functionality.
- Follow standards and industry best practices to improve system performance and safety including unit testing and compliance with MISRA C guidelines.
- System testing and debugging using JTAG, Serial Wire Debug (SWD).
- Create daily documentation of software code changes including state char diagrams.
- Create technical specification documents for software.
- Provide technical assistance to other engineers as required.
- Provide production support when necessary.
- Interface with electronic hardware design and development teams.
- Interface with design engineers to plan and develop new products.
- Attend occasional field test sessions near the factory in Ballinrobe.
- On rare occasions it may be necessary to travel to a customer site to debug a software issue.
- Occasional travel to electronic hardware supplier premises for meetings and training.
- Attend machinery trade shows and software test events.
- Complete detailed work sheets for each working day.
- Demonstrable experience of software design in embedded systems and real-time applications, particularly in embedded C.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging equipment.
- Good knowledge of hardware design, micro-controllers and electronics
- Knowledge of CAN bus systems and communication protocols is an advantage but not essential.
A level 7 or preferably a level 8 degree in a technical, science or engineering discipline within any of the following areas: software engineering, IT, Computer science, Maths, Electronics, Applied Physics.
All CVs should be submitted to email@example.com
Please quote Embedded Software Engineer in the subject line of your email.
In addition to our current vacancies McHale are always interested in attracting talent in the areas of design, service, engineering & manufacturing.
Please submit your CV for consideration at any time quoting role of interest in the subject line of your email.
McHale, Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, Ireland | T: 094 95 20352 | www.mchale.net