McHales’ specialist range of round balers and round & square bale wrappers can be seen working in more than 50 countries across six continents. McHales’ manufacturing facilities are located in Ballinrobe, County Mayo, in Ireland and in Szolnok in Hungary. At both facilities McHale employ the latest in robotic and laser manufacturing systems.
Since our establishment in the mid 1980s McHale has experienced significant growth, which can be attributed to the dedication of the team at McHale and their ability to create cutting edge baling and wrapping solutions in line with worldwide customer needs.
At McHale, we strongly believe in creating an environment which fosters creativity and teamwork where people can fully realise their true potential, allowing individuals to develop cutting edge solutions. We look for ambitious, highly motivated, results focused people who share a passion for achievement. Candidates should have excellent communication and relationship building skills. They should have an appetite for continuous learning and development within a team environment and be good team players. An ability to communicate at all levels is essential.
If you are interested in becoming part of the team, please contact us and copy your CV and relevant information into the submission form.
Click on the link below to find out more information on what a career with McHale holds for you.
Financial AccountantLocation: Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, Ireland
Title: Financial Accountant
McHale is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural baling and wrapping machinery, located in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo. McHale products can be seen working in over 55 countries. McHale is seeking to recruit a Financial Accountant.
- Preparation of timely monthly management accounts for the group including preparation of month end reports, reconciliations, and classifications of accounts.
- Ensuring comprehensive month end files is prepared to support all balances held at the reporting date including detailed schedules for accruals, provisions, and prepayments.
- Closing month end ledgers on the MRP system.
- Manage the annual external statutory audit and preparation of statutory accounts.
- Preparation of monthly and annual Revenue Returns.
- Overview of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Qualified ACA accountant with 5+ years post-qualified experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Experience in manufacturing environment beneficial but not essential.
- Salary dependent on experience
- Access to company pension scheme
- Access to company health insurance
Interested Candidates should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Please put Financial Accountant in the subject line of your email.
- Should you have any questions in relation to the role please contact HR on +353 94 95 20352
Senior ICT Application DeveloperLocation: McHale, Head Office, Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo
Title: Senior ICT Application Developer
Senior ICT Application Developer
McHale has developed a range of specialist forage machinery. Over 90% of McHale machines produced are destined for the export market. McHale balers and bale wrappers can be seen working in over 55 countries around the world.
McHale is a rapidly growing business and is actively developing ICT systems in support of its business strategy. McHale currently have an internal IT team based in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo with support analysts in Hungary. The company are now recruiting a Senior Application Developer to join the IT team and to work closely with the Head of Technology. The company has ambitious growth plans with ICT as a core of business change and represents a tremendous personal growth opportunity for the right professional.
The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic IT team in a fast-paced environment and will work with the latest technologies to build cutting edge applications to enhance and support the company’s production, ordering, manufacturing execution, invoicing and warranty systems.
- Develop and maintain new and existing internal and customer-facing applications for the management of production demands and to provide interactive services to customers.
- Ensure maximum uptime of critical company managed applications.
- Adhere to ITIL best practices for incident, change, release, and project and knowledge management of core applications.
- Regular reporting to the business and the IT function of plans and progress of projects.
- Guide and review work of junior developers.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and help manage project priorities and timelines.
- Write, modify, and debug software for client applications.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Certification with Microsoft Technologies preferred.
- 8 years IT Applications Development experience.
- 5 years’ experience of Full Stack Development.
- Experienced in ERP and PLM business processes especially in manufacturing.
- Experience in C#, Web API, ASP.NET (Web Pages & MVC).
- NET Core 2.x +, Entity Framework Core 2.x.
- Experience in JQuery, HTML, CSS, AJAX, bootstrap.
- SQL Server expertise.
- Excellent understanding of OOP and best software design practices and principles.
- Working knowledge of Git and Teamcity.
- CI/CD / Devops exposure or experience desirable.
- Experience of Agile Project Management.
- Fluent English is essential.
- Be highly motivated with a passion for driving improvements.
- Be enthusiastic and eager to learn.
- Should have an enduring personal interest in technology and computing.
- Competitive salary.
- A positive & collaborative working environment.
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing international company in a key role.
- Play a contributing role in the growth of the company.
- Access to company pension scheme.
- Access to company health insurance.
Interested Candidates should send their CV and cover letter to HR: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put McHale Senior ICT Application Developer in the subject line of your email.
Should you have any questions in relation to the role please contact Human Resources on+353 94 95 20352
Human Resources ManagerLocation: Ballinrobe, County Mayo, Ireland.
Title: Human Resources Manager
McHale is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural baling and wrapping machinery, located in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo. McHale products can be seen working in over 55 countries, across 6 continents.
McHale is looking to recruit a Human Resources Manager who will have full responsibility for the HR function of McHale Engineering in Ballinrobe & McHale Farm Machinery in Kilmaine.
This includes recruitment, employee relations, compensation & benefits, training & development, performance management, administration, succession planning, retention and ensuring employment law compliance.
Department: Organisational Development/HR
Reporting to: Managing Director
- Responsible for the HR function for approx. 300 employees over two sites
- Participative member of the management team
- Manage the training & development function including training needs analysis, course design & delivery
- Manage the recruitment, retention & succession process
- Coordinate performance management
- Drive employee engagement
- Liaise with colleges & coordinate graduate recruitment
- Champion the people agenda
- Ensure compliance & best practice on all legislative matters
- Responsible for coordinating employee communication
- Coordinate all HR administration
- Collate HR metrics
- Professional & strong leader
- Outgoing & assertive communication skills
- Strong organizational skills & ability to multi task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Innovative, creative & resourceful
- Commercially aware
- Ability to relate with both senior management & line employees
- Strong coaching & mentoring skills
- Upbeat, positive personality
- A relationship builder
- Ability to handle complex situations & facilitate difficult conversations
Previous career experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Human Resources Manager
- Engineering or Manufacturing industry preferable
- 3rd level Qualification in Human Resources Management essential
- CIPD qualification preferred
- Recent Diploma in Employment Law
- Train the Trainer & Industrial relations qualifications would be advantageous
- Legally permitted to work in Ireland
- Prepared to commit to role on a long-term basis
Other important information:
- Monday to Friday work schedule
- Own transport essential
- Competitive salary, which is dependent on experience of Candidate
- Access to VHI Company Plan for Candidate, Spouse & children
- Access to Company pension scheme with company contribution
- Life cover & serious accident cover
* Interested candidates, should forward their CV and cover letter to email@example.com *
Please put Human Resource Manager in the subject line of your email.
Should you have any questions in relation to the role please contact Paul McHale on +353 87 9975 711.
Electronic Systems EngineerLocation: Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, Ireland
Title: Electronic Systems Engineer
McHale is seeking to recruit an Electronic Systems Engineer to contribute to the on-going development of electrical control systems used on the expanding range of McHale agricultural machinery.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Participation in the design/build/test of complex electronic control systems on McHale products.
- Creating detailed design briefs and documentation for software engineers to assist with the application software development.
- Liaising closely with engineering teams during new product development to create electronic design specifications.
- Lab testing and debugging of electronic hardware and machine application software.
- In-field testing of electronic hardware & software on agricultural machines during the Summer months.
- Writing detailed electronic hardware & software field test reports.
- Building prototype electronic systems for test machines.
- Gather and analyse customer feedback on machine performance and implement appropriate electronic design improvements.
- Assist with production implementation of electronic design changes and provide ongoing production support.
- A qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of 12 Volt electronic systems.
- An innovative mind-set with a self-motivated drive for perfection.
- Experience with agricultural machinery is a major advantage but not essential.
Interested candidates, please submit CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Electronic Systems Engineer in the subject line of the email.
Embedded Software EngineerLocation: Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, Ireland
Title: Embedded Software Engineer
McHale is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural baling and wrapping machinery, located in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo which are sold in over 55countries
Role: Embedded Software Engineer
McHale is looking to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer with 2- 3 years’ experience. To lead in the full software development life cycle i.e. design, develop and maintain C embedded software for control systems on agricultural machinery. This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively and independently. The successful candidate must have familiarity with electronic circuitry to the degree necessary to test and debug software functions on target hardware.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems using C, C++ and C#
- Analyse, monitor and enhance the efficiency and stability of embedded systems.
- Proactively review and recommend improvements to existing system designs.
- Management of software repositories using the ‘Git’ version control system.
- Issue tracking and project management using ‘JIRA’ software.
- Participate in design and code review process with software engineers.
- Collaborate with engineers and service personnel to debug and resolve software issues.
- Liaise with customers to understand and interpret their needs and address issues.
- Perform modifications on existing embedded software to add improved functionality.
- Follow standards and industry best practices to improve system performance and safety including unit testing and compliance with MISRA C guidelines.
- System testing and debugging using JTAG, Serial Wire Debug (SWD).
- Create daily documentation of software code changes including state char diagrams.
- Create technical specification documents for software.
- Provide technical assistance to other engineers as required.
- Provide production support when necessary.
- Interface with electronic hardware design and development teams.
- Interface with design engineers to plan and develop new products.
- Attend occasional field test sessions near the factory in Ballinrobe.
- On rare occasions it may be necessary to travel to a customer site to debug a software issue.
- Occasional travel to electronic hardware supplier premises for meetings and training.
- Attend machinery trade shows and software test events.
- Complete detailed work sheets for each working day.
- Demonstrable experience of software design in embedded systems and real-time applications, particularly in embedded C.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging equipment.
- Good knowledge of hardware design, micro-controllers and electronics
- Knowledge of CAN bus systems and communication protocols is an advantage but not essential.
A level 7 or preferably a level 8 degree in a technical, science or engineering discipline within any of the following areas: software engineering, IT, Computer science, Maths, Electronics, Applied Physics.
All CVs should be submitted to email@example.com
Please quote Embedded Software Engineer in the subject line of your email.
In addition to our current vacancies McHale are always interested in attracting talent in the areas of design, service, engineering & manufacturing.
Please submit your CV for consideration at any time quoting role of interest in the subject line of your email.
McHale, Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, Ireland | T: 094 95 20352 | www.mchale.net